Grit Bins


Town Councillors looked at how Burntwood Town Council could help with improving winter road and pavement safety, and decided to purchase and install extra new grit bins. Gritting and grit bins are the responsibility of Staffordshire County Council but our Councillors know it is a concern to local residents.

Burntwood Town Council provides grit bins at the following locations:

  • Ogley Hay Road [by red phone box]
  • Junction of Chorley Road 
  • Corisan Close [off Redwood Drive]
  • Longfellow Road [by the Doctors Surgery]
  • Ashmole Avenue