CHASE TERRACE HISTORY
By the early 1860's mining had spread north with new mines on the south side of Cannock Road. A new mining village known as Chase Terrace developed in the area. There was a beer retailer at Biddulph's Pool by 1864.
Burntwood Shopping Centre, Sankeys Corner, Chase Terrace
In 1884 the Chase Terrace area had a population of nearly 2,000. The last mine in the area closed in 1959, but between 1961 and 1971 the population nearly doubled as Burntwood became an overspill area for the people from Birmingham and the Black Country.
Sankeys Corner has become the administrative and commercial centre with development of an industrial estate, the opening of Burntwood Town Shopping Centre and the market in 1970 and the completion of the Library in 1987.
Boney Hay became populated in the later 19th Century. Ir derives its name from waste called 'le Burnehew' in 1361. The area was known as Burnehay and Bornehay in the 16th Century and in 1571 there was a house there.